Discover Pakistan Tours & Trekking is a licensed tourism company working under the license from Department of Tourist Services, Government of Pakistan. We believe in opening new horizons of exploration for adventure seekers. To pursue our goals each year we plan amazing trekking and mountaineering expeditions. For the year 2017, Discover Pakistan Tours & Trekking is once again coming up with another amazing trek to Snow Lake via new trekking pass in the heart of Karakorum. The trek begins from the breathtakingly beautiful Hoo Valley and crosses almost 5500m down to the massive Biafo Glacier.
Snow Lake, or Lukpe Lawo, is a high-altitude glacial basin in the Karakoram mountain range in Gilgit-Baltistan. Snow Lake is located 16,000 feet (4,877 m) above sea level, and is approximately 10 miles (16 km) wide. The basin lies at the head of the Biafo and Hispar glaciers, which spread down from the Hispar Pass in opposite directions, forming a 61 mile (100 km) river of ice that is among the world’s longest continuous glacier systems outside of the polar regions. Martin Conway, the first foreign visitor, gave Snow Lake the name in 1892. Conway described Snow Lake as “beyond all comparison the finest view of mountains it has ever been my lot to behold, nor do I believe the world can hold a finer. Snow Lake is very difficult to reach, however, and only about 200 people manage to reach it per year.
The Jamal Pass trek begins in the green and beautiful Hoh valley and crosses the 5300 meters high Jamal Pass down to the massive Biafo glacier. From Biafo glacier it´s possible to continue on the Biafo-Hispar Snow Lake Trek to Hunza
No of Days: 17-18
Weather Condition: Extreme Cold
Number of Participants: Minimum: 4 Maximum: 12
Details of Plan:
– 08th July, 2017: Islamabad to SKardu Departure at 7:00 PM. Dinner at Mansehra at 11:00 pm (Aprox). Overnight in travelling.
– 09th July, 2017: Breakfast at Besham / Naran at 5:00 AM.
Departure for Skardu, Lunch at Summer Nallah / Chillas, Overnight & Dinner at Skardu at a Hotel in Skardu.
– 10th July, 2017: Rest Day / Shopping Day at Skardu. Overnight at a Hotel in Skardu.
– 11th July, 2017: Drive to Hoo Valley, Overnight in Tents.
– 12th July, 2017: Trek to Nagnma, Overnight in Tents.
– 13th July, 2017: Trek to Goor Camp, Overnight in Tents.
– 14th July, 2017: Toor Camp to Karkor Spangbu, Overnight in Tents.
-15th July, 2017: Korkor Spangbu to cross JAMAL PASS(5200m) to High camp, Overnight in Tents .
-16th July, 2017: High Camp to Sabrong, Overnight in Tents.
-17th July, 2017: Sabrong to Marfogoro, Overnight in Tents.
-18th July, 2017: Marfogoro to Snow Lake, Overnight in Tents. (4877m)
-19th July, 2017: Rest Day / Free Day at Snow Lake (4877m)
-20th July, 2017: Snow Lake to Hisper Top, Overnight in Tents.
-21st July, 2017: Hisper top to Khani basa, Overnight in Tents
-22nd July, 2017: Khanibasa to Youthmaro, Overnight in Tents
– 23rd July, 2017: Youthmuru to Dachigan, Overnight in a Hotel.
-24th July, 2017: Dachigan to Hisper, Overnight in travel.
-25th July, 2017: Hisper to Karimabad.
-26th July, 2017: (Karimabad to Islamabad)
Mandatory Pre-Trip Team Meeting:
A pre-trip meetings will be held before setting off on the expedition in order to introduce the participants with each other and to brief them on preparations and requirements of the trek.
* Those who are in other cities / countries and cannot join physicaly may join the meeting via Skype.
Team Meeting: 10th June, 2017
– Transport (Pick and Drop from Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi to Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi on Selected Routes).
– Jeep Rental
– Camping Equipment. (Tents & Mattress)
– Services of a guide
– Standard Hotel Accommodation on 3-4 Pax sharing basis as per itinerary
– 3 Times a day Standard Meals during the Trip.
– Road tolls.
– Basic first aid kit.
– Kitchen equipment & Related items
– Bridge taxes.
– 12 Kg porter facility for member’s personal gear.
(Above 12 Kg will be separately charged from member on spot, as per porter rate per Kg)
Services not Included:
– Personal Sleeping Bag
– Medication, evacuation and rescue etc.
– Drinks, phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
– Extra expenses due to road blocks or other reason.
– Anything not mentioned in services included section.
Cost From Islamabad: 95,000/- PKR
Cost From Lahore: 97,500/- PKR
Cost from Skardu: 87,000/- PKR
Cost for Foreign Nationals
Joining from Islamabad: 1900 USD
Joining from Skardu: 1700 USD
Note: Invitation letters will be issued to the interested foreign nationals for visa process.
30,000/- PKR Advance and form must be filled to confirm registration
Remaining amount must be paid till 1st of June, 2017.
Flexible Installment Plan:
Participants can pay the trip cost in flexible installment plan of their choice. They may choose any amount of their choice for an instalment at their desired date. They need to pay off the full charges of trip by the last date of registration i.e. 20th June, 2016.
Discover Pakistan offers a perfect match between price and quality services. DP works with the aim of providing a platform to nature lovers and adventure enthusiastic and thus enabling them to discover the Magnificence of the land of hospitality, Pakistan.
Last date for Booking is =1st June, 2017.
For More Details and Booking Please Call
+923235459876 / +923477584460
Or email at email@example.com
Bank Account Details
Account Title = Discover Pakistan
Account Number= 00362002788732
International Banking Account Number (for making payment from other countries)= PK54SAUD0000362002788732
Silk Bank (On-line Cash Deposit Facility Available in all silk bank Branches across Pakistan / ATM Funds Transfer Facility Also Available VIA 1-link / Internet Banking Funds Transfer Facility)
To stay updated for our upcoming events please join our official group.http://www.facebook.com/groups/DiscoverPakistan/
Further Customized Packages for Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir are also available for Groups and couples.