Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/dailyevents/public_html/wp-content/plugins/spider-facebook/spider-facebook.php on line 465
PAKISTAN DAY COMPETITION 2016
Pre School: ‘My Dream Toy’
Junior Section: ‘What Makes Me Happy’
Middle Section: ‘Why I Love Pakistan?’
Senior Section: ‘23rd March…The Day of Commitment’
This competition is for the students of PakTurk educational institutions across Pakistan.
Competition Rules, Categories and Prizes are as follows:
1. The deadline for the submissions is February 13, 2016. Entries should be packed and sealed securely before sending to the PakTurk ICEF Head Office by post only.
2. Teachers may announce a date for the participants of the competition at their own schools. Painting and essays must be completed within the school premises only.
3. Entries received after the deadline will not be entertained.
4. Work sent for competition must be prepared by the
students only; if proven otherwise, submitted entries will be disqualified.
5. Entries will be evaluated by a jury formed by PakTurk ICEF.
6. The medium of the essay competition is English.
7. Schools will send only the top 5 selected essays, painting, photography, and short-films to the Head Office.
8. Work failing to meet the guidelines and the competition criteria will not be entertained.
9. In case any work is found plagiarized, copied, or taken from different sources, it will be disqualified and the contestant will be black listed for future competitions.
10. Results will be declared on March 3, 2016 via the PakTurk website http://www.pakturk.edu.pk.
11. The awarding ceremony for the winners will be held on Tuesday i.e., 22nd March 2016 in respective schools.
1. The size of the painting for the pre-school students is A3 size paper. For Junior and middle school students, the painting should be done on 52cm X 68cm size art paper.
2. Painting could be done in crayons, colour pencils, oil pastel colours, charcoal, and gouache paint.
3. Do not bend/fold/crease the painting.
4. There should be no text written on the paintings.
5. Showing good care for the appearance of the work, contestant’s name and surname, class, and school branch should be written behind the painting with a soft-tipped pencil.
1. Essays should be typeset on computer.
2. Essays should not exceed three A4-size pages, font size 12 Times New Roman or 10 Verdana.
3. The contestant’s name and surname, class, school branch and word count should be written at the bottom of the last page.
4. The essay should be no longer than:
• Primary (Grade 4 and 5 students only): 250 – 350 words
• Middle: 300 – 400 words
6. Participants should not include any forms of media other than plain text in their essays, such as: photos, diagrams, or charts.
7. Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
• Creativity & originality
• Grammar & spelling
• Understanding of subject matter
• Relevancy to the topic
1. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images is not allowed. Only basic enhancements, such as: sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping is allowed.
2.The original images should be at least 3 MB in size as winning images will be printed and exhibited.
3. Submitted images should be in JPEG format and at least 1,600 pixels wide for a horizontal image or 1,600 pixels tall for a vertical image.
4. Each participant can submit one image or a combination of more than one image (i.e., collage).
5. 1 or 2 sentence(s) message, related to the theme: ‘Why do I love Pakistan?’ can be written under the picture.
6. Images will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
7. Soft copies of the Photographs should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not forgetting to mention the contestant’s name and surname, class, and school branch.
Please read and carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the Pakistan Day Short Film Competition before submitting your entry:
1. Each film must be based on this year’s theme: ‘Pakistan Day’.
2. You can be creative with the theme as you can include it in your film as a spoken line in the background, or as a caption or in some other way.
3. Before going for this short film competition, discuss it with your vice principals.
4. All films must be made specifically for the 2015 Pakistan Day Short Film Competition.
5. Each film must not be longer than 90 seconds. Opening and/or closing credits are not required; but (if added) may be up to an additional 10 seconds in total.
6. Films may be in English / Urdu /Turkish/ Regional Language of Pakistan or have no dialogue at all. The subtitles should be in English, in case language is other than English.
7. Ensure that all content in your film (including footage, music, images, props, etc.) is your own. If you include any copyrighted content, you must be able to provide written permission for its use. Entries containing any unauthorized content will be disqualified.
8. All entries must be submitted in a DVD to the campus Vice Principal not later than Saturday i.e., 13 February 2016.
9. The short film can be of any genre i.e., you can submit a work that features the elements of documentary, drama, horror, musical, sci-fi, etc. Entries may be live-action, animation, or a combination of both.
10. Students may enter the competition individually, or in groups.
11. Each film may only be submitted once.
12. One student can submit only one short film.
Certificate and shields will be awarded to the first three position holders; whereas Certificates will be given to 4th – 10th position holder.
Decision of the judges will be considered as final.
The judges may disqualify a film if they have a reason to believe that it does not comply with the entry Terms and Conditions, so make sure you have read them thoroughly!
The students whose submissions best capture the theme of this year’s contest i.e., ‘Pakistan Day’, and are considered the most engaging, imaginative and innovative in content and delivery, will be deemed the winners.
Winners will be contacted through the Vice Principals via emails, and will be declared on Thursday 03 March 2016.
The awarding ceremony for the winners will be held on Tuesday 22nd March 2016 in respective schools.